We are a partner led, client focused firm of financial planners – our clients come to us for solutions. Our approach is to understand your goals, which may be short term, in the future and not all of which might be financial. We seek to understand your current situation and then to advise you on how you might reach your goals. There may be more than one route to your goals and we will consider all options.
Our approach is to be collaborative, making sure you fully understand your options and their implications as well as whatever advice we might offer.
In advising you we will not be constrained by traditional approaches to financial planning but will instead look to finding the solutions which fit your situation. Whenever possible we will use tax advantaged solutions, but we do not favour aggressive tax planning schemes.
Independent Financial Advisers
As independent financial advisers, we have a duty to have knowledge of all types of protection, savings, pensions and investments available in the UK and to know when each might be appropriate to our client’s circumstances.
How are we paid?
For individual financial planning work we would usually agree with you, in advance, how much we will be paid. This might be on a project basis or on an hourly basis, our fees ranging between £150 and £300 per hour depending on the complexity of the work involved and its urgency.
Portfolios, whether investment, pension or otherwise will be reviewed annually or 6 monthly, depending on your requirements. Fees for the Gresham Investment Service range from 0.5%pa to 1.0%pa of the portfolio value, depending on frequency and complexity.
Gresham Financial Planning LLP – Core Values
Gresham Financial Planning LLP has a number of core values by which it operates on a daily basis. These are
- We will always act in an ethical and truthful manner towards our clients and each other
- We will always place the requirements of our clients at the centre of our advice
- We will offer clients timely and relevant advice in writing and before any investment or other decisions are taken
- We will always be clear in telling clients the likely cost of our advice and will inform them as soon as possible if for any reason there are changes to our initial estimate of the costs
- We will always inform clients as soon as practically possible of the cost of any investments they are considering
- We will always act in accordance with UK Law
- We will always act in accordance with the CII Code of Ethics
- We will always act in accordance with FCA regulations
- We will always ensure that our technical knowledge is up to date and relevant
- We will treat all people fairly regardless of race or racial group, sex or sexual orientation, religion or beliefs, age and disability.
Treating Customers Fairly
To maintain the firm’s reputation as an organisation which acts in the interests of its clients at all times the firm supports the FCA Treating Customers Fairly initiatives. The six TCF outcomes are shown below.
Outcome One – Customers can be confident that they are dealing with a firm where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
Outcome Two – Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
Outcome Three – Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before during and after the point of sale.
Outcome Four – Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
Outcome Five – Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
Outcome Six – Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sate barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
The financial ombudsman can be contacted on www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk